I have had a lot of email about the video production for CYT and if you look at my videos you will see the difference from the first video to the last video and how far I have come in a short space of time.
So, today I wanted to give you a behind the scenes tour of the videos I have been making for CYT. As you will know I have been learning as I have been going along and I have now come to a point where I am happy with the videos I am producing. There is still a bit of learning to go but I feel I am 80% there.
So here is the video of a behind the scenes look at the video production set for CYT.
What I have in terms of equipment is:
- 1 Camcorder "“ Sony HDR XR520
- 1 Tripod stand which I borrowed from work
- 1 Shelving unit which acts as a table desktop
- 3 point lighting kit consisting of 3 Soft boxes (from eBay)
- 1 Seemless paper roll (11m x 3m from Ebay)
- Camtasia software to edit the videos
- Software to convert the camcorder files to MP4 (Aiseesoft, which converts MTS files to MP4 files)
The softboxes can be bought on ebay for around £190 ($300). Make sure they have fluorescent lighting with 5400k light intensity which is the same is the brightness of natural light, so you can still have the lighting set up in a well lit room. My softboxes have 5 x 45watt bulbs in each.
I hope this helps a lot of people who are thinking about getting into video. It's not as hard as some people think, and I have still got a lot to learn and I am sure there will be some readers pointing me in the right direction to make my videos better so we can all learn from each other.