This month I will be turning 30! While I am excited to embark on a new journey in this decade, there are also a few things I wish I knew sooner that would have helped me to navigate my twenties!
1. Most likely your life will not go according to your "plan." "“ It is so true that life happens on life's terms, so expect the unexpected.
3. Try new things. "“ Your twenties are about finding out who you are going to be. Try new hobbies and make new friends, find out what you like!
4. Make mistakes. "“ When things don't turn out so great it is often a great learning opportunity.
5. Take Risks. "“ This is the time to follow big dreams. If your plans don't work out you have plenty of time to recover!
6. Ask for advice. "“ As new adults we like to think we know it all, but those who have been there before you know much more!
7. Live for yourself. "“ If you spend your twenties trying to please others (such as parents) you may wake up at thirty and still not know what you want!
8. Cherish your family. "“ This is a time to break away and become independent, but keep your loved ones close. They will always be there for you no matter what happens.
9. Stay in the present. "“ The only thing you have control over is your actions right now. So don't dwell on the past and try not to worry too much about the future.
10. Enjoy yourself! "“ Take this time to travel, fall in love, and experience a lot of firsts! Reality is that you have a long life of hard work and commitments ahead of you.
11. Accept diversity. "“ People who think differently than you and have different life experiences than you are excellent teachers.
12. Make wise financial choices. "“ Your credit is something that sticks with your forever, and will help you build your future. Digging out of debt it a lot harder than getting into it!
13. Be kind and giving. "“ It can be tempting to judge others or put them down to make yourself feel better, but you will always feel the best about yourself when you are the best person you know how to be.
14. Know your value. "“ People will treat you how you let them. If they can get away with treating you badly they will continue to, and so will others.
15. Explore your spirituality. "“ What you believe in your core about the greater good of this world will get you through your hardest times.
16. Healthy relationships come easily. "“ If you are in a relationship that drains your energy and spirit it is probably not right. Let go and move on.
17. Be confident. "“ If you questions how you look or what you say so will everyone else. Be proud of who you are "“ that's attractive!
18. Take responsibility for your problems and solve them. "“ When you find yourself in a mess, it was only you who got you there. If you constantly let other people rescue you, you will never learn to stand on your own two feet.
19. Develop good habits. "“ Stay active and eat healthy. You only have one body so take care of it. This will only get more difficult with every passing year.
20. Think positive. "“ Negativity is poison. Believe in yourself, believe in others, and believe in your dreams. This will make you an all around much happier person everyday of your life!