I'm a quote fanatic and many quotes from some of the world's leading thought leaders have completely transformed my life. One of my favourites has always been the great Dalai Lama. His thought provoking words have touched me in more ways than I can count. Many of my colleagues will say the same, the Dalai Lama has been a true inspiration.
Tenzin Gyatso is the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet. He would describe himself as a simple Buddhist monk. We describe him as the world's greatest thought influencer. His quotes discuss many topics and issues from love to peace on earth. I've compiled a list of my favourites and I hope some of them resonate with you or at the very least, can inspire you at whatever stage you are in, in your life.
This quote speaks loud and clear, especially today where there are so many religious based attacks. Being kind will always have a lasting effect on the receiver and the giver. Choose kindness as your religion.
2. We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves .
We have to find peace and love in ourselves before we can find it anywhere else. Too many of us spend too much time looking for things that are already inside of us. You just have to find it.
3. If you can, help others – if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.
We have two choices, be a help or be a hindrance. I don't know why we are so afraid to help each other. There is always someone who needs a helping hand, a hug, a smile. We need to give them out more. Always choose to be a helper. The world needs more helpers.
4. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Always.
It is so easy to be kind to everyone yet people still turn a blind eye to those in need. Others don't want to be kind because they have the I've been taken advantage of too many times for being kind mentality. Just be kind anyway.
5. Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.
No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that's our real disaster. Hope can sometimes be the only thing we have left when we suffer a tragedy. Hang on to that and never let it go.
6. If you don't love yourself, you cannot love others.
You will not be able to love others. If you have no compassion for yourself then you are not able of developing compassion for others . You must love yourself first or you will never be able to love others.
7. If you have fear of some pain or suffering, you should examine whether there is any thing you can do about it. If you can, there is no need to worry about it; if you cannot do anything, then there is also no need to worry.
Don't worry about things you can't control but take care of the things you can. Plain and simple.
8. If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
Many don't understand this quote. Look at how much chaos a small tiny mosquito can cause. Think of all the good you can do. See?
9. Remember that the best relationship is where you love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
Needing someone and wanting someone is two different things. If you fall in love from a place of need it will not be an ideal love. If you fall in love from a place of want and love, then it will be beautiful.
10. Sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.
We think we want something really bad and we think it is going to enrich our lives in some way shape or form, but then when we don't get it we can see after the fact that it wasn't so great for us after all. It's a blessing in disguise.
There are so many life lessons to learn from the great thought leaders of the world. Many people I know print them off and tape them where they can see them. These quotes inspire, motivate, encourage and remind us to live in peace and love and be kind. Whenever possible, and it is always possible.
Some Amazing Comments
Click The Book Cover Below Pre-order Steven Aitchison’s new book The Belief Principle: 7 Beliefs That Will Transform your Life