You've seen statues of him, symbols of the great Buddha all over. We know people pray to him, rub his belly, worship and adore him but who is he and how do his teachings and words affect us today?
It is said that the great Gautama the Buddha was the leader in spiritual teachings some 2500 years ago and the creator of Buddhism. To this day, people st ill follow this religion and apply his quotes to daily life. I've listed the top 10 quotes that are simple , powerful and life changing.
1. All wrong-doing arises because of mind.
If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain? Can it? If we take the time to be conscious of what our mind is conspiring then we will always want it to be and do good.
No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. In order to get well or heal we must want it and do it ourselves. Whatever the problem, it stems from us, not anyone else.
3. If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path.
Really, just be kind, generous and loving always. The result of that is twofold. You will help someone and make their day that much brighter as well as yours. Always be helpful.
4. There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path.
Stop wasting time looking for happiness outside of you. All the happiness you need is inside. You must seek it within. Others can't bring it to you.
5. The past is already gone, the future is not yet here.
There's only one moment for you to live. Living in yesterday will keep us there. Living in tomorrow will make sure we miss out on things of today. Don't look back or ahead. Look at and enjoy today only.
6. One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world.
One thing is certain, change is constant. Another thing is certain. It only takes one person to make a difference. Never think that you can't be that person. You certainly can.
7. Every morning we are born again.
What we do today is what matters most. Each new day is a gift. Unwrap it with love and excitement. It's a new day to learn, grow and love. Careful what you do with this new gift.
8. Even as a solid rock is unshaken by the wind, so are the wise unshaken by praise or blame.
Read that one again if you have to. When we are wise, humble and at peace, we won't be harmed by blame or feel like we need to rise above everyone else with praise.
9. The trouble is, you think you have time.
The end. Stop saying I'll do that tomorrow. You are never promised another day. The things we put off sometimes never get done. Whatever it is, do it today.
10. It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe that lures him to evil ways.
His mind. Not his friend's or his partner. You are in control of your thoughts and actions. No one else. Remember that before you blame someone else for something yo u did.
11. However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?
This one may strike a nerve for those who talk about God and faith and go to Church and preach but don't apply any of that to their own lives. Walk the talk. Period.
12. Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
Without any of those three, you have nothing but unhappiness and frustration. You should be nurturing and showing gratitude to that which you h ave in your life now instead of seeking greedy riches, and untrue love.
There is much to learn from Buddhist quotes. Though some may sound like "Chinese" to you, some can definitely be applied to your day to day life and should be. You will experience great peace, love and harmony. Isn't that what it's all about.
Some Amazing Comments
Click The Book Cover Below Pre-order Steven Aitchison’s new book The Belief Principle: 7 Beliefs That Will Transform your Life