Lost jobs. Broken toys. Burnt dinners. Fights with loved ones. There are many reasons that we may experience disappointments in life. However, when disappointments arise-the way we react has a huge effect on what comes next. If we choose to recover from disappointment (rather than wallow in it) we attract a better reality with the Law of Attraction.
Conversely, when we deal with problems like these by being overly dramatic and fixated (“why me?!”), we stay stuck in the misery and find ourselves unable to escape from disappointment. Our negative attitude will (unfortunately) create even more disappointment and struggle.
Though it’s natural to be a bit disappointed at first when things fail to go our way, calming affirmations can be a quick fix to help recover from disappointment and move on to happier times. Rather than focusing on the disappointment, we can choose to focus on affirmations that calm our nerves and open us up to the bigger picture.
With that being said, here are a few things you can tell yourself next time you are feeling disappointed in life. Pick a few affirmations that feel soothing and keep them handy for the next time you need them!
10 Affirmations to Recover From Disappointment
1. I may be able to fix this/find this/change this later when I’m feeling better.
2. Sometimes problems work themselves out without my needing to do anything.
3. Things usually work out for me in the end.
4. There’s no use in crying over spilled milk.
5. The only way I can make this better right now is to relax.
6. I’ve had disappointments before, and I’ve always managed to be ok.
7. Things aren’t always what they seem.
8. Anything is possible with a positive attitude.
9. It isn’t what happens, it’s how I react that matters.
10. There are still a lot of things that are going very well for me right now.
Using affirmations to calm yourself in the midst of disappointment can be extremely effective. This strategy is so powerful you may even find that sometimes it eliminates your reason for being disappointed in the first place! You may suddenly find what you’ve lost, or come across a solution to your problem. At the very least, you will start to feel better. The simple act of taking a broader, more positive perspective can have quick and amazing effects!
Do you have any other affirmations you’ve used successfully to recover from disappointment? Comment below and let me know!