Best Personal Development Blog 2011
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
Oh, please call me Celes – I think it’s much more personable.
Personal Excellence is where I work hand-in-hand with the entire world, including you, to achieve our highest potential and live our best life. The .co in the domain refers to the community we’re creating here in pursuit of excellence. It representstogetherness, unity, family, a timeless bond and strength.
PE started since Dec ’08. In these 3 years, it has evolved to become:
- One of the top personal development sites in the world with over 1 million pageviews every month
- One of the top 30k websites in the world (Alexa)
- Recognized as a trusted authority and go-to source for all things related to personal development. Here, you’ll find a plethora of high quality articles on pursuing your growth and living your best life, with new articles added every week. Every month, we run challenges, where thousands of participants around the world get together to take action on their life.
- Interviewed and featured regularly in print, TV and online media, including: CNN International, Cosmopolitan UK, Business Insider, CBS Business Network, Sun-Herald, The Sunday Age, Career Builder, Channel News Asia, Asia One, Today, The Straits Times, Lianhe Zaobao, Lianhe Wanbao, Simply Her magazine, Singapore Woman’s Weekly, My Paper, Showbiz OMY and 938 Live radio.
If you are new here, visit the welcome guide. Check out the books I’ve released since starting Personal Excellence - Personal Excellence Book and Live a Better Life in 30 Days Program, which have been strongly received by the readers.
Growing and helping others grow is my full-time work. When I’m not running Personal Excellence, writing top quality articles, or conducting online challenges here, I’m actively pursuing my growth and living my best life, so as to share my learnings with you.
On top of running Personal Excellence, I also do keynotes/speeches where invited. I speak at events and conferences and have worked with Wharton Business School (University of Pennsylvania), Kimberly Clark, The Asia Business Forum, de Baak, Ministry of Defence (Singapore), JobsCentral, NUS Global Alumni Network, People’s Association, National Library, Singapore Institute of Management, and more.
My biggest passion in life is to help you achieve your highest potential and live your best life. The purpose which I live by every day, and consequently my mission statement for Personal Excellence is:
- “To touch others’ lives, help them achieve their highest potential and live their best lives”
- “To achieve my highest potential and live consciously and freely in truth, love and power”
More About Me
My Life in a Snapshot (Living in Singapore)
I was born and raised in Singapore (I’m 27 as of June ’11). Besides being fiercely passionate about growth, I believe in standing for what’s right, being true to who you are in life, setting the highest standards for yourself and achieving them, and treating people with kindness and respect.
I’m a vegetarian (since Jan 2008) and have been slowly transitioning to a vegan diet. I don’t take egg and dairy in general, but do consume occasional cheese/butter where there is no alternative in the situation.
Before Setting Up the Blog (2003 – 2008)
I put this up as I figure some of the more academic-oriented readers might be interested in my educational background.
Prior to starting Personal Excellence, I studied Business Administration (Marketing) in National University of Singapore Business School from 2003-2006, and was a Dean’s Lister in every academic year. I eventually graduated as the top student (Marketing) and was awarded as the Most Outstanding Student in the cohort during graduation.
After that, I did brand management in a Fortune 100 company (P&G), managing billion-dollar brands in Asia Pacific for 2 years, before eventually quitting in 2008 to pursue my real passion (a move subsequently covered in media).
EU Travel (Jun-Nov 2011)
I embarked on a Europe tour in Jun ’11 (kickstarted by a speaking engagement in Holland). This is my first time traveling Europe. Before this, I’ve traveled around in Asia and Australia but had not the western part of the world.
Between Jun-Aug, I’ve traveled to Holland (Noordwijk, Hoofddorp, Amsterdam, Den Haag, Gooi, Amstelveen), Germany (Bonn, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Einbeck, Berlin), France (Paris) and Belgium (Brussels). I also visited Ibiza, Spain during October.
In Aug ’11, I visited and stayed in London, UK for 3 months. As a large metropolitan city and financial hub of the world, it feels like a place where the best minds of the world gather and where all the action is taking place. This is also where people from all different cultures, races and walks of life gather, with no bias or prejudice. I absolutely loved the vibrancy, dynamism and pace of life while I was there.
US Travel (Nov ’11 – ??)
In Nov ’11, I was invited to speak at Wharton Marketing Conference 2011 organized by Wharton School of Business.
As a result of the engagement, I went to Philadelphia, US, where Wharton is. I’ve since been to Philadelphia (Pennsylvania), Washington DC, and I’m currently at Manhattan, New York City. I plan to stay here till the end of my 3-month visit in US, which will be early Feb 2012.
Connect on Facebook to keep yourself posted on my updates!
Articles About Me
If you want to know more about me, here are some articles you can start off with:
- How I Discovered My Purpose In Life
- How I Found Peace in My Relationship with My Parents (series)
- Why I Openly Share My Life With You, The Media And The World
- Personal Excellence London Meet-Up (21 Aug ’11) | London Meet-Up #2 (Oct 29, ’11)
- Questions under the Ask Celes section
- Other articles under About Celes
- Latest posts at the blog
If any point you have found my work to have helped and positive influenced you in one way or another and you would like to give back, please consider supporting me.
- Add me on my Facebook Page
- Add me on Twitter @ celestinechua
- Subscribe to the RSS / email for free
- Forums – Join other like-minded individuals in your journey of living your best life