Just a few days ago, I caught a film called Warm Bodies about a ‘corpse’ which fell in love with a human being. It made the rest of his ‘corpse’ friends realize that they’ve been taking life for granted while they were still humans and now, they have finally come to understand the meaning of life. I’m not going to be a spoiler and tell you what eventually happened so you should go catch it yourself.
Whenever I ride the subway, walk along the streets and observe the people around me, they all seem to carry an emotionless facial expression as they trudge along with their suitcases and handbags just like the ones I saw in the film. Some of us are no different from these walking ‘corpses’.
The majority of people are like drones, nowadays. Sleepwalkers on anesthesia that do the same things day in and day out. Too often we go through life on autopilot, going through the motions as each day passes by. Now the question that I pondered on was this: Why can’t everybody wake up excitedly, go off to work in high spirits and just simply live life to the fullest? What could be stopping them?
Well if you want to experience a life full of excitement, joy and passion you first got to break free from that autopilot cycle in your life. I pursued my passion when I was 16 and I’ve been living every day to the fullest – filled with joy, laughter, passion and enriching experiences. It’s definitely an amazing experience and I want you to experience that too. With this in mind, I was inspired so I’ve decided to create this list of 21 ways on how you can live life to the fullest.
These are the ways that I follow to live my best life and I hope it would help you in some way too.
Here are 21 simple ways to live your life to the fullest:
1. Be true to yourself. Don’t go around trying to please people or be someone you’re not.
2. Live in the moment. Participate in life instead of just watching it pass by. Be completely immersed in the moment and don’t sleepwalk your life away.
3. Be committed to your growth. Is there a goal that you wish to reach? Set a timeline and achieve it.
4. Create your vision board. What is your ideal life? Create your vision board to reignite the flame in your life.
5. Build authentic connections. Spend more time to get to know your family, friends and peers better and build a long-lasting relationship with them.
6. Do something nice to a stranger. There’s a strange connection between humans and even a simple action of love for a stranger can brighten up your day.
7. Try out something new. Have you always wanted to try out something you’ve never done before? Get out of your comfort zone and try something different for a change.
8. Love yourself. This most important thing in the world is to love yourself. You have to love yourself before someone else can love you.
9. Face your fears and challenge them. Forget everything and run or face everything and rise? It’s your choice.
10. Be thankful and embrace gratitude. Be grateful for everything you have and you will feel energized.
11. Express gratitude. Take time to acknowledge and express your heartfelt feelings to the people that care for you. You’ll be surprised what a little act like this can do.
12. Give more than you receive. There is so much unspeakable joy that comes from giving. The paradox of life is that the more you give, the more you get.
13. Get Creative. Imagination is more important than knowledge and it’s always fun to think out of the box and think about achieving the impossible.
“Sometimes, I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” – Lewis Carroll
14. Travel as much as you can. If you have some spare cash, I would advice you to invest it on traveling. It allows you to understand the world so that you can better understand yourself and it definitely allows you to get out of your comfort zone.
15. Hang out with people who bring you higher. There are a lot of energy-suckers in our world today and hanging out with people who are brimming with positive energy really does wonders. Hang around with people who bring you higher and not bring you down. You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.
16. Do what you love. It may sound cliche but it’s true. Life is too short to be wasted on stuff that you don’t love. Spend your time and energy on things that brings you happiness and fulfillment.
17. Fall in love.
18. Discover your purpose/passion in life. What excites you and sets you on fire? It’s time to discover your passion in life.
19. Try something new, every week. It makes life interesting, exciting and fulfilling.
20. Create your own bucket list. A bucket list is a list of things you want to achieve or do before you ‘kick the bucket’. It always excites me and I would check them off one by one after I fulfilled them. You can get your very own guide to creating a bucket list here.
21. Help others live their best life. The greatest joy in the world is to give and know that you’ve made a difference in someone’s life. There is no better way to grow than to help others grow.
What have you done today to live life to the fullest?