We all have good qualities and bad qualities, but are there universal qualities that women look for in their partners?
Whilst I am not a woman I have worked with women most of my working life, in a big call centre office (the truth really comes out in an office!), I have two sisters, my current place of work is predominantly women and I am married to a woman who knows what she wants. So I have done a lot of asking, a lot of research and have come up with 12 qualities a woman looks for in a man.
12 Qualities a woman looks for in a man
(In no particular order)
- Honesty – This is high up on the list and is a must for guys. When I say honest I mean being honest about everything. If your partner asks you ‘Do you like my hair’ a response could be ‘I like it but I preferred it when it was longer.’ When you are honest about everything you will get a reputation for being honest and you will get more respect and gain trust a lot quicker. If you are found out with one lie then the trust will disappear and it will be hard to gain back.
- To be able to protect – According to the women I have spoken with they want to know their partner will be able to protect them physically in times of danger or trouble. That’s not to say women are weak it’s a security thing and knowing that their partner is capable or willing to protect them at all costs gives women a little more peace of mind.
- Get up and go – Women don’t like men who have no motivation to do anything with their lives. They want a man who has passion and has goals in life and has got the motivation to follow their dreams.
- Belief – Believe in your wife/girlfriend and support and encourage her in everything she does.
- Sense of humour – This one obviously depends on each couple as everybody has a different sense of humour but women like men who can make them laugh. That’s not to say you have to be like Robin Williams, just someone who has a sense of humour and exercises it often.
- Reliability – This is another one high up on the list. You’ve got to be reliable if you want your partner to stick with you for the long term. If she has an evening meal planned for you and you promised you’ll be home by 7 and you come strolling in at 8, this is not being reliable. Yes, work is important but more important is the woman who loves you enough to prepare a meal and make an effort on a Friday night.
- Commitment – An absolute must for any long term relationship. If you are not committed then there will always be that little doubt in the back of her mind asking if you are really serious about the relationship.
- Love & Respect – There’s no question of this, if you don’t love her why would she be with you? and, if you disrespect her you may as well throw the relationship out of the window right now. It’s not only respect for her but it’s respect for yourself as well. If you let people walk all over you then you are not respecting yourself and this is a turn off for women.
- Attuned to feelings – For the old fashioned man out there one of the main things you were missing was the ability to stay in tune with your partners feelings. If you are attuned to your partner’s feelings then it shows respect, caring and love. That doesn’t mean to say you let them walk all over you it just means you are in touch with her, and you know how to handle the emotions, upsets and excitement etc.
- Attractiveness – This is something you are born with and it’s also something that is very subjective. Everyone has an attractive feature about them and rest assured someone will be attracted to you because of it. However if you let yourself go and don’t really care about yourself, you’ll be dropped like a hot potato.
- Assertiveness – Woman can stand up for themselves very well but they still like a man to be assertive as well. Women don’t like weak men, so grow a pair and stand up for yourself and your wife.
- Faithful – Shouldn’t even have to be said here, but so many men think they can get away with being unfaithful and it not affect them. You will never be respected once you’ve been unfaithful and there is absolutely no excuse for it.